Friday, June 19, 2009

One More Etiquette Item

Oops, I forgot to mention a couple of more important etiquette rules (a rule in my world anyway). Please try to keep the language as inoffensive as possible. I'm not a prude, but sometimes the overuse of certain words, for no good reason other than shock value, can seem to devalue the content of the message.
Also, if giving personal anecdotal examples, please do not mention full names, or even better, change the names of the people involved. The message is what is important, not the names of the people.
To the women of my personal social network, please do not worry that I will use any of your names, or photos without your consent. As I said, this is my personal journal, and I want to be welcoming, not offensive.

All business matters taken care of! The next post will get into the meat of my mind- not as scary as it sounds I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment