Thursday, June 3, 2010

"I Believe She's Amazing"

http://www.ibelieveshesamazing.com./


Sometimes something appears in your life at just the right time, for reasons that are only clear to you. The link that I started this post with, is exactly one of those perfectly timed "somethings". As soon as I read the message on the "I Believe She's Amazing" website, and watched the YouTube video in honor of Erika Heller, I knew that I had to write about this extraordinary woman and her best friend.

My strong belief in connecting women, sharing our stories, and creating strength for one another is the reason that I started this blog. At that Perils of Perfectionism workshop that I attended almost one year ago, I was inspired to find my own way of sharing and communicating. I wanted everyone to know that I wasn't perfect, but that didn't matter. As long as I knew that I strived for excellence in all that I did, as long as I knew that I tried my best to befriend, to mother, to grow, and to love, then the people in my life would accept my imperfections and know that they didn't matter. I wanted The Chocolate of Women to be a space where women felt safe in sharing, what they consider, their flaws and weaknesses. But, I also wanted a forum for shouting our accomplishments with confidence.

What does this have to do with "I Believe She's Amazing" and Erika Heller's story? The passion I have for bringing women together- for me through my writing- was mirrored and magnified for me when I read about Kim MacGregor's living legacy in honour of her best friend. Kim's words show her love for her best friend, and also her passion for her belief in women.

"I love the song I Believe (from the movie Honey, sung by Yolanda Adams), in part because Erika gave me a necklace with the word believe etched on it. Now I believe in something bigger: that this one video can unite 1,000,000 people globally, creating the largest living legacy of friendship.

I hope this story and the video inspire you, put a smile on your face, and remind you of the amazing women in your own life who make your world a better place. This site gives you the chance to say "I believe she's amazing" to all the moms, sisters, aunts, grandmas, teachers, daughters, wives and girlfriends who matter and who make you believe in yourself!
"

I have joined Kim's journey to unite, and I believe that I can inspire even more women to recognize the amazing women in their lives. So, come along on the ride to 1,000,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment