Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Thought Tweetie was a Bird that Sylvester Ate

Feeling too comfortable usually indicates that change is on the horizon. It wasn't that I was feeling too comfortable with my Chocolate of Women blog, but rather, I thought that I should make an attempt to stay as technologically current as my "untechnological" mind would allow. Thus, the addition of two new gadgets (as they are called in blog land) to my website. Reading this right now, you will have already seen that the first addition is Twitter. I guess my iphone, msn, skype, Facebook, my dinosaur phone land line, my blog, and various email accounts didn't make me quite as accessible to the people in my life as I thought. I felt the computer age peer pressure of needing the next best thing (although true computer geeks would say that Twitter is not only NOT the next best thing, but is already sliding quickly down the slope of antiquity...ahhh, to actually be talking big word computer language and really know what I'm saying). After scanning through various blogs, I caved, and added "Follow me on Twitter". Now I get to twitter, tweet, retweet, blog, IM, text, and talk, all while lmao.

The next new gadget is a little less conspicuous, requires very little compgeek (my own word) training, and is much more enjoyable. "My Blog List" has been added to the sidebar with a link to blogs that I am following. Plural "blogs" is as yet just a singular "blog", but, this list will continue to grow. "Musings from afar" is about a high school teacher in rural Alaska...enjoy, and appreciate!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for reading my blog. I guess I never realized anyone (except maybe a few friends and family) read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While briefly checking out other blogs, yours caught my eye, mainly because of the teaching. But when I read a few of your posts, I was hooked. Funny how what seems strange and intriguing to some is considered "normal" to others. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete